Viva La Vida Mario Viva La Vida Mario

Ah, I remember when I first watched "Back To The Start Mario" a few days after my eleventh birthday. I'm pretty sure it was the first thing I'd ever seen on the internet with a serious tone and a legitimate message. It got me into coldplay, and got me thinking about animation and the world. The years have come and gone, and, as I'd never expected, a sequel has been made.

Having watched it, I think I can say that, while it's not the prettiest thing on newgrounds, the massive improvements in art, animation and scene direction make it even more enjoyable than the original. While such a black-and-white portrayal of peace and corruption would seem overly simplistic in a full-length film, for four minutes, it works surprisingly well to promote the simple message held within and is enhanced by the clear amount of painstaking detail and time invested.

I may have grown a bit more fond of the Blue Blur than the ol' Portly Plumber over time (and shifted the majority of my creative efforts towards Hand-Drawn Sonic Parodies), but that hasn't kept me from recognizing quality and heart in Mario Sprite fanworks, especially "Mario Back To The Start" and this sequel.

Well done, Jackbliss. I anticipate seeing the result of the wide-eyed children that will be inspired by "Viva La Vida Mario" just as the original inspired me seven years ago.

jackbliss responds:

Hey thanks for the review! Glad to know people still remember that movie. I was only 20 and it was like one of my first flash movies ever and still the most known lol. Also good to hear I've improved over the years a bit. I watched some of your Sonic parodies. They're pretty cool. Keep up the great work and hope we will continue to watch each others movies for years to come :)

Wapeach Wapeach

Not bad at all, Sam. Though the joke was a tad obvious the physical humor did work fairly well. For some reason or another the animation (especially on mario and luigi) reminded me of problem solverz, for better or worse. It might have made it a little more interesting to get Wario's reaction, too, but for what it is, it's pretty good.

Samination responds:

Skitzo the 1920s Bear Skitzo the 1920s Bear

Thank you for reviving my nightmare.

I must say, Comick, something like this fits your twistedly beautiful style of animation perfectly. Excellent Job.

One thing that interests me is the Design of Skitzo himself; Besides the large blank eyes, he looks shockingly similar to a dancing bear from an early Felix The Cat Cartoon known as april maze. You can find a clip of this bear by searching google for "Otto Messmer's Dancing Bear". This dancing bear has given me quite a few nightmares as a child. That being said, I would love to know if this bear was used in any way for skitzo's design or if it was completely original, if you've the time to say.

Again, excellent work, Comick. 10/10.

Drop A Beat, Giuseppe! Drop A Beat, Giuseppe!

This has got to be the most hilarious concept (and execution) for a video game I've seen this year, let alone a flash game on newgrounds. Encore, Giuseppe!

Imbossible Imbossible

The name of the boss animal

Lotsa folks have said that the game says "wrong" if you enter "aye-aye".

It says it's right if you type it "aye aye"

Also, sweet game.

Shave and a Haircut Shave and a Haircut

Shave and a haircut

two bits!

Recording quality is very nice.

Outlaw88 responds:

Wario's Woods Remake Wario's Woods Remake

Finally, a remix of the NES version's music!

I will admit that when comparing the music on NES and SNES versions that the NES versions are much better. and so I thank thee for remembering the last NES game ever and giving it a nice little loop. 8/10, because though the song IS great, it's kinda short, and I would have done a medley. Either way, nice loop.

garg eggs garg eggs

that's pretty cool!

But two things to improve on:

1: try not to have the camera tilted at an angle

2: The picture's a little blurry. Try to focus thet camera a little bit more and/or appy a sharpen filter with a computer art program.

mock30 responds:

Thanks for the advice! You rock to!

The Gun The Gun

My compliments to austin!

It's very nice and detailed!

YA I KNOW!