Viva La Vida Mario Viva La Vida Mario

Ah, I remember when I first watched "Back To The Start Mario" a few days after my eleventh birthday. I'm pretty sure it was the first thing I'd ever seen on the internet with a serious tone and a legitimate message. It got me into coldplay, and got me thinking about animation and the world. The years have come and gone, and, as I'd never expected, a sequel has been made.

Having watched it, I think I can say that, while it's not the prettiest thing on newgrounds, the massive improvements in art, animation and scene direction make it even more enjoyable than the original. While such a black-and-white portrayal of peace and corruption would seem overly simplistic in a full-length film, for four minutes, it works surprisingly well to promote the simple message held within and is enhanced by the clear amount of painstaking detail and time invested.

I may have grown a bit more fond of the Blue Blur than the ol' Portly Plumber over time (and shifted the majority of my creative efforts towards Hand-Drawn Sonic Parodies), but that hasn't kept me from recognizing quality and heart in Mario Sprite fanworks, especially "Mario Back To The Start" and this sequel.

Well done, Jackbliss. I anticipate seeing the result of the wide-eyed children that will be inspired by "Viva La Vida Mario" just as the original inspired me seven years ago.

jackbliss responds:

Hey thanks for the review! Glad to know people still remember that movie. I was only 20 and it was like one of my first flash movies ever and still the most known lol. Also good to hear I've improved over the years a bit. I watched some of your Sonic parodies. They're pretty cool. Keep up the great work and hope we will continue to watch each others movies for years to come :)

Wapeach Wapeach

Not bad at all, Sam. Though the joke was a tad obvious the physical humor did work fairly well. For some reason or another the animation (especially on mario and luigi) reminded me of problem solverz, for better or worse. It might have made it a little more interesting to get Wario's reaction, too, but for what it is, it's pretty good.

Samination responds:

Thanks!

Skitzo the 1920s Bear Skitzo the 1920s Bear

Thank you for reviving my nightmare.

I must say, Comick, something like this fits your twistedly beautiful style of animation perfectly. Excellent Job.

One thing that interests me is the Design of Skitzo himself; Besides the large blank eyes, he looks shockingly similar to a dancing bear from an early Felix The Cat Cartoon known as april maze. You can find a clip of this bear by searching google for "Otto Messmer's Dancing Bear". This dancing bear has given me quite a few nightmares as a child. That being said, I would love to know if this bear was used in any way for skitzo's design or if it was completely original, if you've the time to say.

Again, excellent work, Comick. 10/10.

VG Cats Animated 3 VG Cats Animated 3

Day Of The Tentacle, nice choice. Also nice flash.

I've got to say, this is a great adaptation of the VG cats comic. Well-animated, funny, and the music...

All I've got to say is bravo for choosing an arranged song from day of the tentacle. It makes such good BGM for many situations.

Also numa numa is nice.

Overall, excellent short.

9996969969696969696996996 9996969969696969696996996

If suicidemouse.avi was this, it would be scary.

Wow, man, this is one of the creepiest flashes I have ever seen. I can only suppose that you had seen the suicidemouse.avi creepypasta before you animated this, Needless to say, this is much scarier. Nearly ever second is a horror.

It starts out with that evil gluttonous mickey face, then mickey in hell, atching minnie dangle above a city, raping and killing donald duck, and then walking while changing expression, much like suicidemouse but better.....

Then the close up of his face is REALLY horrifying.

The scream in the end actually ADDED to it, surprisingly enough, since it wan't too short or too long.

All in all, this was amazing. I'm nominating it for treasure hunt 2010.

golfinho responds:

from hell called me, asking me to do this

Well, It's Mario! Well, It's Mario!

hmmm...

It's good. A few minor probs, but still good. 10.

Dr. Mario with Lyrics Dr. Mario with Lyrics

Job well done...but you know that already

Brent is da man when it comes to with lyrics parodies.

Great job on animation too Darqv!

Gaara bleeding Gaara bleeding

There's no point to it...

no story...no humor...but the animation's ok. 3/10.

I suggest you pair up with a writer.

Another TotalDramaIsland Another TotalDramaIsland

You've got it half right.

The sprite animation was fluent, but the backgrounds...you need to work on the backgrounds.